Sunday, March 13, 2011
For my last iteration, I follow my first draft design as a temptlate. I changed but a fraction of this project. The reason why I did not do a complete overhaul of this project because I felt that I did all of the necessary changes that the project needed. The last iteration contains the same images, text, and etc. Some of the changes I did make was taking out the sequence with the rotating shurikens, adding some new images, and a gray background.
In my first draft, I did not follow my animatic to the letter. I added some new images, and changed the order of the frames around. For example, I created a sequence that contains three shurikens falling down from the top of the project. As they are falling down, each shuriken begins to rotate in a clockwise manner. While the shurikens are rotating, a number appears on each of them. These numbers sync up with a verse from the project's audio track. Also the video contains camera zoom ins/outs, and panning which gives the project movement.
As you know the animatic is a blueprint that tells me what I need do in the motion graphics piece. So for this project, I am planning on incorporating text with different font types. The text describes what kind of a person I am in each frame of the project. Also I added images that are connected to me in some way. For example, the logo that is seen in very beginning of the video is the logo from my company,"Knight Games". And other images act as symbols for the text portion of my project.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
In this new iteration, I created a new logo for this endtag. The new logo is called,"Ninja Guy", which is the name of my production company. So the project contains camera zoom ins/ outs. Also the video did not have no audio because I wanted the viewers to experience the silence of a ninja. For the company's name font, I used a font called ShurikenBoy.
In this project, I used my logo from my game company, "Knight Games", as the focal point of the piece. I used numerous amount of effects. Some of the effects include Trapcode Particle, motion blur, and etc. Also in the video there is a transition inside of my logo, which changes it into a flower.
In my triterm final iteration, I changed the background of the project to red because it is Marcus's favorite color. I replace the old camera picture with a new image because in my first iteration the image is distorted and pixelated. Also I also combine text with images in order to convey my thoughts about Marcus's personality.
In this triterm project, I used multiple pictures of Marcus holding a camera. Theses pictures symbolize Marcus's true passion for film making. I incorporate text that explains to viewers what kind of person Marcus is. I also added a movie clip that displays a explosion, which symbolizes Marcus's ethusatic personality. I used a lot of camera movement to make the photos of Marcus interact with the words.
This animatic serves as a blueprint for me to follow when creating my triterm project. It contains a play by play of each scene that is in the triterm. Each scene also contains text that informs me of what effect that I need to apply for each scene. Most of the scenes have a picture of Marcus O'leary as the center piece.
For this redux, I used the same movie clip that was seen my last iteration, and also incorporated the same effects into the video. The only difference in this iteration is that I used a multitude of colors in the lens flare effect setting, to make my video have more contrast.
For this project, I added different layers of effects onto a movie clip that I filmed in a specific area in Philadelphia. The effects distort the video in such a way that makes the movie even unrecognizable to the naked eye. Some effects that I used in this project are static blur, lens flare, motion blur, and etc.